[Mageia-artwork] Some creensaver and wallpaper ideas

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:07:20 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 17:24, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess we need someone in the team in charge of
> backgrounds/screensavers, that is: coordinating, gathering, selecting,
> providing the result for validation to the team, and managing the
> inclusion into the distribution (== having a very close relationship
> with the theme package maintainer, or even having a commit access to
> it).
>
> Who wants to take this role?

An additional note.

About the requirements for backgrounds, we have this:
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=artwork:installer#desktop_backgrounds

Basically, we need backgrounds in 5 resolutions:
 - 600x480
 - 1280×1024
 - 1920×1080
 - 1920×1200
 - 1920×1440

(oddly enough, no 800x600 in the specs... :-/ ). Those files go in
soft/theme/mageia-theme/trunk/Mageia-Default/background (PNG files).

Wel also have extra backgrounds in
soft/theme/mageia-theme/trunk/extra-backgrounds with free resolutions
(JPG).

About the screensaver screen: those are to be in
soft/theme/mageia-theme/trunk/common/screensaver and seem to be in
JPG, 1200x800 resolution.