[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 1 17:57:48 CEST 2011

> ntrack is supposed to provide more information regarding connection/route
> change for desktop applications & such so we'll probably see
> applications or developpers used it later. If we can provide by default
> an environnement so developers can use it (aka no need to
> recompile/add 'x' br) if it's not a burden for end users why not providing it ?

Thank you. It makes sense. However, it's very frustrating that the upstream doesn't bother to document what's new in such a release, being it an RC.
They didn't even bother to list the most important bugs that are fixed (although I also suspect some bugs vanished as a side effect of some changes).

Now, it's tough to determine what exactly is making kded4 to eat the CPU. As I'm having a single core, I'm burned. At the same time, minor changes that are actually small improvements make me want to stay with 4.6.90, not to revert to 4.6.4....

R-C