[Mageia-dev] KDE requires creep and other minimal installation issues

Luc Menut lmenut at free.fr
Thu Mar 29 00:59:38 CEST 2012

Le 28/03/2012 18:40, David Walser a écrit :
[...]
> I'm not 100% sure, but I think at least some of the reason all kinds of extra
> stuff gets pulled in is because Default-kde4-config and
> mageia-kde4-config-common both have added dependencies on plasma applets
> (plasma-applet-icontasks and plasma-applet-battery, respectively),

kdm requires some config files provided by kde4-config-file, that's mean
either Default-kde4-config, vanilla-kde4-config or netbook-kde4-config.
  urpmq --requires kdm
    kdebase4-runtime
    kde4-config-file[>= 2]
    [...]
  urpmq --whatprovides kde4-config-file
    vanilla-kde4-config|Default-kde4-config|netbook-kde4-config

so, you can use vanilla-kde4-config instead of Default-kde4-config, and
you will remove the requires on plasma-applet-icontasks and all its
dependencies.

As previously said by John and Thierry, logs could help a lot to narrow
an eventually wrong requires.

btw, on a server, perhaps you could replace kdm by a lighter login manager.

regards,
Luc

--
Luc Menut