[Mageia-dev] Fwd: fallback mode

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Wed Nov 7 18:48:04 CET 2012

Em 06-11-2012 10:01, Olav Vitters escreveu:
> In case the drivers are not good enough, GNOME 3 will be unusable.

All is said here : I install lots of Mageia on bad hardware. Always used
KDE that disables eyecandy if drivers or hardware suck.

I don't think Gnome can afford Microsoft huge requirements policy : we
often have
- recent hardware without even closed source driver support
- good hardware no more supported by closed source driver
- partially working open source drivers for any hardware