[Mageia-dev] Mageia-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 85

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Mon Nov 26 16:21:34 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 22:49 +0800, Joseph Wang wrote:

> Let me tell you about my day.

[...]

Most of us have jobs. Almost everyone here is a volunteer. But you are
volunteering to be part of a team, and that involves fitting in with the
team's larger goals.

A set of astronomy-related packages would be fabulous.

One way forward might be to set up your own repository so others can
test your packages.

> You can keep cinnamon out of the distribution, but that's up to you.....
I don't think anyone is saying, "we want to prevent people from
using..." but rather, "if it goes in the core distribution it's an extra
thing to support, and needs careful packaging in order to avoid users
ending up with a broken mix of gnome and cinnamon, as otherwise even in
contrib it could make the core distribution break for many people."

So this means it needs to be tested.

> Also, in case someone wants to have a discussion rather than *ordering* me
> to do something....
I don't think you're being ordered, although sometimes, because English
is a second or third language for some people here, tone of voice
doesn't carry very well in email.

And yes, communication, whether by email or IRC, is a big part of
collaborating.

Liam