[Mageia-dev] Mageia-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 85

Pierre-Malo Deniélou pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 17:01:00 CET 2012

On 26/11/12 14:49, Joseph Wang wrote:
> I really don't think that cinnamon is ready for Mageia 3.  There are
> some pretty major bugs in it, and it's not ready for prime time.  It would be useful
> to keep it in the testing section, and then target it for Mageia 4.  I do think it
> would be a good idea to at least start looking at alternatives to Gnome 3 since
> they are self-destructing, and I've been *extremely* impressed by cinnamon (minus two
> annoying bugs which I'm trying to fix).

If you didn't know, it's pretty much the exact thing that was decided
for Mageia: cinnamon is not ready yet.
But submiting it to cauldron would include it in Mageia 3. Maybe for
Mageia 4?
Your work is nice and much appreciated. And I'd love to see more
astrophysics packages in Mageia.

It'd be great it you would come on IRC (at any time) and to the packager
meetings on Tuesdays. That'd help with communication, because overall
we're a bunch of nice people ;-).

--
Malo