[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 20:02:02 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>
> I can perfectly understand the reasons why that's the case when the
> developers are full-time employees and do the work as a job, but this
> shouldn't and mustn't be the case in a non-profit community project
> where everyone is in it for the fun.
>
> In this scenario devs are normally users themselves too, and even for
> their own satisfaction it should be natural that they at least
> occasionally check user reactions to what they develop, by spending some
> time on forums (at least reading through them).

That's a very idealistic point of view and I'd really like to read a
developper's opinion on that. Because IIRC it was really a free
developper who told me that developpers do not need users because they
are developping for their own needs in the first place (I reasoned
that users and developpers are needing each other as 2 parts in a
shared system). And it was another who told me that he'd rather spend
his time working on a problem than reading all that user stuff in the
forums. No employees!

But I wish you were right.