[Mageia-discuss] we need a NEW mageia-artwork MAILING LIST!!

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:51:14 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 16:42, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 15:12 +0200, Thorsten van Lil a écrit :
>> [...]
>> > As I said in the past, we do not want to create a mailling list for
>> > every possible group on the wiki :
>>
>> For sure but I think a list for design, marketing, official communication
>> and maybe web developer couldn't be wrong.
>> I mean one list for those groups. Because they have to work close
>> together and there is (or will be) an extra marketing team around Graham
>> (afaik).
>
> Yup, I would agree, as I said in the past.
>
> But your example of web team is one example of the issue we have :
> [...]
>
> The same goes for marketing vs communication vs design. While there is
> clear area for them, there is lots of similarity ( except that I am
> quite a novice in such domain, so I cannot give example ).
>
> So a simple thing like "how do we name the team", and "how do we ensure
> that people in a team are correctly represented" can be tricky.

Indeed. Moreover, we will need to make "apparently of somehow
diverging interest" teams work together, by pair, on several runs.
This will help all teams to get to know each other and work better
together. An example some Mozilla people suggested me is: making the
marketing and developers teams collaborate to recruit/improve their
beta-testers population (it benefits developers team and it requires
marketing insights for that). You can imagine a lot of cooperation
tasks like this.

There, it would help to have more atomic mailing-lists (per specialty)
but some other tool, empowering more cross-teams collaborations or
ad-hoc teams setups (mailing-list may not be the right solution here,
not sure what at this time).

Romain