[Mageia-discuss] we need a NEW mageia-artwork MAILING LIST!!

Graham Lauder yorick_ at openoffice.org
Wed Sep 29 20:00:22 CEST 2010

On Thursday 30 Sep 2010 03:51:14 Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 16:42, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 15:12 +0200, Thorsten van Lil a écrit :
> >> [...]
> >> For sure but I think a list for design, marketing, official
> >> communication and maybe web developer couldn't be wrong.
> >> I mean one list for those groups. Because they have to work close
> >> together and there is (or will be) an extra marketing team around Graham
> >> (afaik).
> >
> > Yup, I would agree, as I said in the past.
> >
> > But your example of web team is one example of the issue we have :
> > [...]
> >
> > The same goes for marketing vs communication vs design. While there is
> > clear area for them, there is lots of similarity ( except that I am
> > quite a novice in such domain, so I cannot give example ).
> >
> > So a simple thing like "how do we name the team", and "how do we ensure
> > that people in a team are correctly represented" can be tricky.
>
> Indeed. Moreover, we will need to make "apparently of somehow
> diverging interest" teams work together, by pair, on several runs.
> This will help all teams to get to know each other and work better
> together. An example some Mozilla people suggested me is: making the
> marketing and developers teams collaborate to recruit/improve their
> beta-testers population (it benefits developers team and it requires
> marketing insights for that). You can imagine a lot of cooperation
> tasks like this.

Indeed, an excellent idea, however marketing and developers should work
alongside on many more levels than just that: Vision, User Experience, Art,
packaging, design and so on.

> There, it would help to have more atomic mailing-lists (per specialty)
> but some other tool, empowering more cross-teams collaborations or
> ad-hoc teams setups (mailing-list may not be the right solution here,
> not sure what at this time).

At this time mailing lists are the simplest.  Mailing lists should be task
oriented and people belong to those that they need to, to facilitate specific
tasks.  Marketing people should belong to: Art, Dev, User Experience and
marketing.  The management of peoples ML interaction should not be up to the
server, but be managed by the individual on their personal machines.  How they
do that is up to them, but MLs give the user multiple management options.
Either through an ordinary pop account,Gmail, gmane etc.  Multiple task
oriented mail lists give people many more options.

> Romain

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org