[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:24:05 CEST 2010

2010/10/25 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> Le lundi 25 octobre 2010 à 11:37 -0400, andre999 a écrit :
>>
>> Exactly.  I'm getting more and more the sense that there should be a
>> separate bugzilla section for documentation, which would include
>> packaging descriptions.
>
> Ie, a separate section ?
>
> What would it achieve that the current bugzilla system would not ?

I don't think it would help. There is (was) the tag "Doc" (or similar)
in Bugzilla which already marked the bug as something related to
documentation. Somebody who is concerned and ignored that would also
ignore a separate section and vice versa.
 I like a more general approach involving the users and packagers likewise:
 - see a lack of or bad description in the "Individual package
selection and/or rpmdrake
 - report it as a bug, giving the necessary explanation (in an ideal
world offer a good description yourself)
 - triage team dedicates the bug to either the packager or the
developper who inserts the description in the installer.

Anybody who complains about missing descriptions is pointed to this
way by others. So, as time goes by we can improve the status without
putting too much work on one specific desk all at once.

--
wobo