[Mageia-discuss] Forum or mailing list

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:30:03 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 08:15, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:

> Quote: renaud wrote on Mon, 06 June 2011 13:19
>> So, to my mind, the best option would be to have all messages appearing
>> on
>> both a forum for those who prefer that format, and a mailing list for
>> those
>> whose preference goes that way, thus giving all what they
>> like/need/want
>> without waste or loss to either group.
>
> This has been suggested a few times already, but AFAIK some/most Mageia
> founders don't like the idea of newbies having too easy access to the
> MLs.

Don't disguise things, you don't help the bottom line again here. It's
not about providing an easy access or not, it's about dedicating time
to an improvement that seems remote to some, and not so remote to
others. There are other things to focus on as well.

> The ML Forum gateway is a partial solution, but it would be best if it was
> integrated in the official forum rather than separate:
> http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/

Once more, as misc suggested again yesterday, and as it has been
replied from the beginning, you are free and welcome to join the
sysadmin team and/or web team and/or to work to provide a patch for
this feature, against our infrastructure.

Mageia is a community thing, and it's not enough to say "it should be
that way" to have it done. You want it, you do it, you submit it to
review. Working prototypes have more value than ideas.

Romain