[Mageia-i18n] Mageia-i18n Digest, Vol 8, Issue 19

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:56:15 CEST 2011

2011/4/11 Olav Dahlum <odahlum at gmail.com>:
> On 11/04/11 17:50, thomas wrote:
>> Olavs korrektions:
>>
>> line 21 agreed (Definetely :-) )
>>
>> The rest is better in my version
>>
>> Line 33 is directly wrong in Olavs "korrektion" sinse it is in plural
>> (one "forum" several "fora") so "our forums" has to be "våre fora"
>>

> Translation work involves more than just translating text word for word.
> To make Mageia pleasant to «Norwegian users», it needs to be done properly.
> Even if you are an amateur, the work doesn't need to reflect it …
>
> There's only one official Mageia forum and it's specifically linked to
> in the text, so my translation is correct.

Well, both are correct. Mageia talks about "forums" as plural (while
the correct plural is fora) and means each section as a "forum".
Others talk about one forum, meaning the whole shabeng as one forum,
holding many single sections. Others (the forums software itself) talk
about "boards" inside a forums (see the expression "Board Index").

OTOH, when Mageia talks about forums they may also mean the different
forums which are already there (see  "Supporting communities forums".

> Believe it or not, but I do have better things to do than cleaning up
> other peoples mess.

Well, as I pointed out, it's not really a "mess". Such things should
be discussed and not battled on. We cooperate in teams which also
means coming to a consensus over such things.

--
wobo