[Mageia-i18n] French translation of last blog entry

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:54:54 CET 2011

2011/2/1 Remy CLOUARD <shikamaru at mandriva.org>:
> Hello there,
>
> I just came across the last blog entry in french and I would like to
> suggest some improvements of the current translation
> (http://blog.mageia.org/fr/?p=330)
>
> 1) installeur d’applications: sorry, even though the translation is
> correct, I find it ugly and imprecise, because the goal is not only to
> _install_ applications but also to get metadata, interact with ratings,
> comments.
>
> proposition: gestionnaire d’applications

I agree with that and will change the translation.

> 2) “bien que nous pensions que cela sera une innovation importante pour le
> logiciel libre” : s/pensions/pensons/, otherwise it would mean we don’t
> think that anymore

"Bien que" must be followed by a subjunctive, and the present tense in
the subjunctive mode is "pensions" for "penser".
Though I agree it can be misunderstood, since we're more used to the
indicative mode. I'll try to find an equivalent.

> 3) “confiant dans les bénéfices” : confiant pour.

I can't see how "pour" would be better than "dans" in that phrase.
Actually I'm not really satisfied with "confiant dans les bénéfices"
either, but I don't think that "confiant pour les bénéfices" would be
better.