[Mageia-marketing] Communication about the alpha and the ISO 0 release

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:50:28 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 19:19, DjeZAeL <djezael at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am worried that some people will be awaiting for Mageia and will be
> disappointed (about the way they could use the distribution) because they
> were told that they would be able to try it quickly.

No need to worry about that anymore: it is going to happen anyway. :)

We just have to endorse this and stress out the message better. That
will still not prevent people to download, test, yell and post a
somehow angry blog post saying that it is "way below their
expectations" and "this project is dead or going the wrong way". We
can't do anything about this, but explain better what we do (and why).

> I think it would be great if someone could publish a short note about what
> will be and WON'T be the alpha and the ISO 0 (as written on the wiki) and
> what each kind of users (beginners, experienced users, developers, ...)
> could expect about it.
> The note could also include a brief schedule of the planned released and
> specify that this schedule may change.

We can do that. Will raise the point on Monday founders/Council meeting.

Actually, I would love some reaction to my Jan. 24 mail about this
alpha release, as the message would greatly benefit from your (all of
you who joined the marcom team) work and as its different incarnations
(blog, as noted here, and everywhere else) may be of this team
operational responsibility shortly.

> I'm also wondering which page to believe/to recommend :
> - http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=roadmap#march  << ISO 0 announced
> for March.
> -
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iso_0_specifications#expected_milestones
> << ISO 0 announced for April.

The latter is better. The whole roadmap page needs some work (input
from here welcome as well).

Cheers,

Romain