[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum - Part II

Maât maat-ml at vilarem.net
Fri Apr 1 19:15:17 CEST 2011

Le 31/03/2011 19:29, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> Op donderdag 31 maart 2011 13:05:31 schreef Michael Scherer:
> [...]
>> I would propose to have a organisation that's as simple as possible.
> [...]
>> Ie, that when someone is promoted to become i18n commiters ( see i18n
>> team organisation ), he then also receive the right on forum in the same
>> way that this person receive right to commit to svn and to transifex.
>>
>> This way, we would not have the mess of tracking everything in several
>> permissions databases, which in turn mean we will have a clearer
>> documentation and view of the various capabilities of our users.
>>
>> And this also would help if we decide to vote, as epoll have ldap
>> integration ( that is quite painful to use at the moment as we need to
>> give all information again each time ). And this also make sure that
>> there is no confusion about who decide for what. Ie, the i18n team is
>> consistently managed.
> +1
This would need a patch "as complex as possible" as the forums do not get their group data from ldap (only username and password)

this would be a very very agressive patch hitting low level code of the board :-/

And perhaps we don't need every member of a team to be able to have extended privileges on the forum