[Mageia-webteam] Request of formal approval for mageiaitalia.org

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 20:26:49 CEST 2011

Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> schrieb am 11.05.2011
> simply because the framework provided by ildn is really powerful
> while official one can't provide such a thing. in plus, it doesn't
> exist yet an italian forum provided by mageia, otherwise i'd agree
> with you. if i'm the first to setup an italian forum, but i only
> want to use a different platform, where is the problem? i'm
> waiting for your reply
What is that powerful about their framework, that Mageia does not
have?
Any specifics? I don't recall you ever asking for any infrastructure on
this list or any of the others.
Neither do I remember anyone except the Germans to ask for a forum of
their own (I know it's not running yet, some technical problem)
But a bit of reasing why I (I don't say "we" because I can't speak for
any of the others, this is only my personal opinion) don't want to
have this kind of splitting up the community is:
- This will split the manpower and thus weaken the whole community
- Users won't be able to use one single account for all Mageia
platforms
- I am afraid, beginning such split communities may end up in a lot of
silly third party repos just confusing the users (like MIB, MUD, MCNL,
BDK and so on)

Oliver

Are you talking about a redirect from the mageia forums to yours or
from the main website?